Art Nouveau cross stitch

It’s been over a year since I have last worked on a cross stitch. I was getting itchy to do one again so off I went to look for patterns. It seems like the ones you usually see around in the craft stores are the Dimension brand. There weren’t really any ones in their lineup that I wanted to do so I decided to look for something else. Something different. Something exciting. Okay, if you don’t like cross stitch in the first place it will never be exciting (Jessica).

I ended up finding the brand Lanarte which had two Art Nouveau kits in their lineup. Only thing was I couldn’t find these particular two kits in a store that was in the U.S. There are only a couple of stores in the U.S., that I found online, which sell the Lanarte brand to start with. So I ended up ordering them from a place in the U.K. called Arts and Designs. I was actually expecting it to take quite a while to ship to me. On the contrary, today I got the package in the mail with Royal Mail postage on it. Now I just have to decide which one to start on first. When both the ladies are finished they should go well with the eventual Arts and Craft style of the house.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Art Nouveau cross stitch

What lovely patterns! I’ve done quite a bit of cross stitch and really enjoyed it, so I can appreciate these. I wasn’t familiar with the brand, but wow what a collection. Cross stitch is a perfect way to relax in the evening!

2. Charity says:

Those are way cooler than the normal bird and flower cross stitch patterns. Maybe you can do one lady and Lee can do the other. šŸ™‚

3. robin says:

I’m so excited about starting one. Definitely out of ordinary I thought. There are no special knots for Lee to help me with this time Cherry. Though I might have to make him do a few stitches just so he won’t feel left out. lol

So, how big are they and on what count fabric? I’m just wondering how long it will take to do one of these?

Pretty neat! I’ve never done cross stitch, but I used to crochet a long time ago- does that count? Which one are you going to do first? I like the “Quill” lady, although it looks like she’s wearing ear muffs!! But I still like her! šŸ˜€

6. robin says:

Benita- It’s on 14 count Aida and the stitched area measures 24×60 cm. It threw me for a loop though because it is on 28 count Brittney weave which is a commonly used weave in the UK. I’ve never used it and until I figured out that you were supposed stitch over two fabric threads I was majorly scratching my head on how tiny it was going to wind up. I’m not sure how long it will take.

Lynn- You are ahead of me. I don’t know how to crochet at all! I decided to do the one without the “ear muffs” because the plastic on the package was starting to split.

7. Charity says:

That’s funny, I thought that one looked like it had ear muffs too!