Lee has been very busy working on the upstairs family/craft/entertainment room. The goal of this big push is to get the room ready for double framing and make it warmer this winter.
The plywood floor underlayment was installed two weeks ago, and then we started beefing up the gable end wall. Blocking, metal straps, some double studs, and band joist insulation were added. It’s the exact same thing that we did to the opposite upstairs end wall. You can click on the link for more details about why we did this.
Finally, after spray foaming crevices, caulking, and Tyvek taping the seams like before, we are all finished with this step for the room. If all goes well, we will have the inner double wall, upstairs bathroom, family room closet, and wall behind the wood stove framed this weekend.