More insulation projects

Ever since Lee hurt his finger three weeks ago it’s been pretty slow here. He has been trying to let it heal properly so no big projects for him. Since he has been taking it easy, I decided that I would try my hand at insulating. I installed the first layer in the office.

That went so well that I decided to do the first layer in the dormer too.

I had hoped that these newly insulated areas would make the house a little bit warmer, but it didn’t happen. I decided the problem was all the cold air leaking in the first floor, so we added new gaskets to the doors and stopped up the holes under the tub. Nope. Still cold. Hmm, maybe the problem is our plastic-sheet ceilings …

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to More insulation projects

Ha! Somebody is feeling ornery today. Yes, we do know about the stack effect. Robin’s comments were intentionally facetious, given that our second floor ceiling is a 2mil plastic sheet with multiple holes cut in it.

Nice insulation work, Robin. I sometimes think that the secret to getting more done around here is to maim myself, which motivates Mel to step in and fill the gap.

🙂

You may be onto something, but I suspect there’s an inefficiency you aren’t considering. If you get hurt too bad, Mel will spend more timing checking on you and worrying, and not as much time working on projects. In other words, I don’t expect you’ll come home from the hospital to find your whole homestead plan completed. 🙂

Glad to hear you are recovering. Whenever I start having romantic thoughts of living like the Hazda, it’s thoughts of appendicitis that bring me back to reality. 🙂

Yeah, it’s cold in our house, too. Summer will be here soon. I’m always much more motivated in the summertime, anyway! I have such big plans…I’ll start when I can feel my fingers again, right now they are frozen…

3. Pheobe says:

Robin, you go girl! You’re on a roll now. Just think how cool that insulation will keep you in the summer when it is all done.
    Lee, I’m really glad that you’re letting your finger heal right — boy, I could tell you a few horror stories about guys ignoring cuts… You take good care of it. Robin’s got your back!

Yeah, I was impressed by her attention to detail. This might be the only cool room in the house by the summer. The upstairs gets hot pretty fast.

I’m not one to ignore injuries as I’m too afraid they’ll get worse and I’ll have to spend twice as much time in a hospital getting them fixed. 🙂

4. Pingback: Lee’s future office | Farm Folly