Anybody want to sweep my floors for me?

I long for the days when I’ll have a barefoot sort of house.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Anybody want to sweep my floors for me?

Maybe a leaf blower would work? Ha.

2. Ali says:

So you want nice floors AND a housekeeper? I have a mostly finished house, and I don’t have barefoot floors unless 20 minutes prior to barefoot, someone vacuumed. Someone, ha ha.

You betcha! Is that too much to ask for? :) Well, maybe a house that doesn’t constantly get sawdust piles on the floor is a better wish. I hate vacuuming!

But Robin, NOTHING beats cleaning the house with a ShopVac…NOTHING! I always joke I can keep my standards low and no one will mention the dust-bunnies (ahem, I call them dust-buffalo) over the piles of sawdust.

That being said, I do feel your pain. I haven’t gone barefoot in years either…

I also take it that mounds of sawdust equals mounds of progress?

I actually think a Shop-Vac makes a pretty good household vac. When our “proper” vacuum died a couple years ago, we got a little 2 gallon AllAround as a replacement and it works really well. It’s cheap, quiet, and light weight and can handle some pretty serious ‘dust-buffaloes’. Maybe our opinion would change if we had a more normal house, but I don’t think so. Carpet would be the real downfall for a Shop-Vac, and we’re pretty committed to never having carpet again.

The sawdust was mostly generated while building the moving rig for the mini-coops. It might be progress, but not of the house variety that Robin likes to see. :)

We don’t miss carpet here…

Abby says she likes the spider webs in the corners, they keep the flies out. :)

I like the spiders except when I walk into their webs. It’s that time of year here when all the spiders come out and build webs that span 10 feet or more. For the last couple weeks, I’ve been watching a spider outside our kitchen window catch prey, wrap it, eat it, discard it and rebuild the web. Presently she is guarding a large egg sack.

It occurs to me that a normal person would have washed the window.

5. ..dare to dream! shop vac’s are better than a regular vac..ever vaccuum up dog puke with a regular vac?!

Well … no. But I’ve never vacuumed it up with a shop vac either. Both of our shop vacs say “Wet/Dry”, but I don’t take take that label seriously. I have this mental image of an electrical fire …