Jasper’s butt

Jasper had an abscess that exploded on my hand when I picked him up. It was REALLY gross. I brought him in to the vet, returned with more drugs then should be legal, and now we have a cat with a shaved butt. He looks ridiculous. Hopefully it doesn’t take a year to grow hair back on his bald old man butt, because it seriously impedes his cute factor. 🙂

This entry was posted in Pets. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Jasper’s butt

Jasper’s the splitting image of my late, great Duncan. And I hate exploding abscesses – yuck, yuck and yuck some more. Hope Jasper’s doing better and that his hair grows back stat. He’s a very cute cat.

I think he is finally getting a fuzz of hair growth back on his butt. Woohoo. He still looks funny though. Kinda like he is a cat with a rats butt and tail where it is shaved. hehe

2. ewwwwy! Hope Jasper is feeling better. A* and I worked in Jasper ( Alberta, Canada not your cat ) 16 years ago..a very picturesque park/town.

Usually when a story goes ‘..and it exploded in my hand..’ it is not a pleasant story..I think I would have barfed.

Why does that picture of him look so pleased with himself. And thank you for not showing us the naked butt. 🙂

4. When I worked at the vet clinic (many moons ago) we regularly had cats in with abscesses around the base of their tail. Usually it was due to a bite from another cat. Is that what happened to him?

The vet said it was probably a cat that bit him. Or a raccoon. We found it puzzling though because Jasper is rarely outside. When he does go out he just hangs out by the house. Jasper is 17 and isn’t really with it. There is a really fat cat what we’ve seen a few times near our house so I’m going to blame it. 🙂

Get well soon, Jasper old man! 17 is OLDDD for a cat, isn’t it?

Yup, I keep expecting him to drop dead at any time just because he is so old. He seems pretty healthy though. The vet said he looked really good for his age.