Bug hiding in plain sight

I have no idea what it is but it blended in well with the cabinets.

This entry was posted in Nature. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Bug hiding in plain sight

Wow! What is that???

A Plume Moth (thanks to Joanne’s comment below). I love it when we post something like this and somebody pipes up with an identification. I’m going to be on the look out for more bugs like this now.

Wow! That is one weird-looking bug!

We used to have tons and tons of walking stick insects around here, some up to 10″ long. Freaky things. For some reason, that hammer-head insect made me think of them. However, the chickens, dog, and cats decided they make good snacks, and I haven’t seen too many in the past few years.

It looks like it has antlers!

4. Joanne Rigutto says:

We used to call them T-Moths when I was a kid. They’re actually a Plume Moth

Thank you so much for the identification of that bug. If I ever see one again I will know what it is now. ­čÖé

Well thanks to Joanne for coming up with the correct answer! I’ve seen those moths before, and couldn’t remember the name. I must’ve spent an hour on http://www.whatsthatbug.com trying to ID it but came up empty! What a fascinating and horrifying time-suck of a website that one is. Now, thanks to Joanne, I have another time-suck to look at LOL.

I’ve never seen a bug like that before Ann. It was so small that I only noticed it because I was standing near it doing dishes. I kept wondering how that ‘piece of linty hair’ got stuck to the cabinet door. Then I leaned in closer to look and was shocked to find out it was a bug.