Pointless pictures of chickens

“Fear me, for I am big, fluffy, and full of grand rooster wisdom!”

“What’s that gasbag going on about?”

“Is it safe to come out? I heard gasbag talking about tigers ripping our heads off again.”

“Hey girls, look at my smooth armpits. I shaved with my new 9 blade razer!”

“I see high winds coming in from the north and south, along with a chance of submarine attacks and gazelle stompings.”

“Good grief! I heard there is a shoe and handbag sale down the street. Let’s split girls.”

This entry was posted in Livestock. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pointless pictures of chickens

LOL. I’m so glad you translated that from chicken-speak for me. Lest your rooster’s already over-inflated ego get out of hand, I must admit he’s pretty spectacular looking.

We do like our rooster as he is pretty nice. I have to think of interesting things for the chickens to say otherwise it’s all, “Oh, a piece of grass, FREAK OUT, oh, a piece of grass.” hehe

2. Rae says:

Never pointless, always entertaining. 🙂

I had a lot of pictures of chickens standing around. Making them have conversations somehow livens it up. lol

3. ..I think our chickens have similar conversations..but they usually end up with the decesion to have everychicken attempting to break into the garden.

Hahaaa. That is funny.

Our chickens have that conversation whenever Robin tries to move the white netting. Last week about half the flock ran into the onion bed when they found a gap under the fence as it was being moved.

4. I suppose it says something about me that this is my favorite kind of post. Give me chicken pictures with captions and all’s right with the world.

Yes, chickens do appreciate the simple things, don’t they? Just a blade of grass makes them happy, poor things.

Little do we know but all chicken are secretly lusting for ant pâté, slug soufflé, and stink bug crème brûlée.

🙂

6. Brownwood says:

Love your site. Thank you for sharing.

Question: How high is your chicken fence? Can/Do they fly over? My chickens are cage free, but not free range, but would like to move them to pasture w/ the cows, but I’m concerned they will fly over the 4 ft fence. Suggestions?

Hi Brownwood! The white fence is 4 foot tall PermaNet electric netting from Premier. The woven perimeter field fences are also 4 foot tall. We don’t presently have any electricity turned on. Our chickens certainly could fly over the fence, but my experience is that generally they try to walk through things they can see through. They get their head through and then it blocks them, and they eventually give up. We’ve had a few problems with them slipping under the fences, but that was solved by filling in the low spots with dirt.

Of course, there might be other factors which make our situation different from yours. Our chickens are rarely moved, so they become comfortable with a certain area and show little interest in leaving. There is always abundant grass in their pen, so they are not tempted by better forage outside. Also, they don’t roost on any tall objects in their pen, so they never have an unobstructed view past the fence.

7. Ali says: