Pickled cauliflower

Eight pints of pickled cauliflower. I make these for me as Lee doesn’t like them. šŸ˜€

Pickled cauliflower

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Pickled cauliflower

1. Phil says:

Nice! Haven’t tried cauliflower pickled yet, but it’s on the list. Have you been doing any other canning?

The cauliflower is the first thing we have canned this year. What about you?

• Phil says:

Pretty late getting in the garden this year, but going for some late-season salsa, maybe some candied jalapenos. (I may have heard about them on here – they’re pretty good!) I think I have enough red currants to do a few jars with this year, either some jelly or a jam mix.

Salsa is a staple around here too. We are big fans of the candied jalapeƱos. If we don’t get a decent crop from our own plants, we buy them in bulk and candy those instead. I believe we are down to our last jar.

Red currant preserves sound good. Jams and jellies are not something we have a lot of experience with.

2. ShimFarm says:

Glad to see you got some cauliflower canned. I recently made mango chutney. Needless to say, they were store-bought mangoes. My crabapples are looking great this year, so that will be on the agenda. Suddenly, I’m reminded we have a cherry tree we only discovered last year (!). Better check things out before the birds find it, if they haven’t already.

Your candied jalapenos are most definitely on my to-do list! They went like hot-cakes both times I made them. Can’t believe you actually have one jar left in the larder!

We had a huge bowl of sweet cherries we picked off our tree. Lee was desperate to can them but…we never got around to it and I gave them to the chickens after they had been in the fridge for two weeks. Somehow the thought of having the kitchen all clean and prepped for canning (keep in mind I am the only dishwasher), the cherries pitted, and then the cooking and canning process seemed too big of a mental block for me. Sidney’s naps aren’t that long and I’m usually too beat come night time. It pained Lee but I felt relief seeing those cherries go to the chickies.